Are things going a little too smoothly in your campaign? Grab a die and see which one of these you can throw at your players. Might shake things up a bit!
I’m going to try and make this a regular feature on Mondays. Stay tuned for weekly ideas!
If you wish to receive updates of more #RPHook, #RPArtifact, #RPSetting, #RPTome, or #DnDNPC ideas as they come, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Shenorai. There are other DMs, GMs, and Players alike who also share ideas under such tags. Keep an eye out!
d20 #RPHook Plot Seeds : 341-360
- There have been sightings of a little girl in red wandering the howling woods. She is undergoing Beastmaster training.
- To ensure you won’t betray them too quickly, the Gang Leader informs you they have ‘secured’ one of your family members.
- Last night’s bar crawl may have been a mistake. You awaken in a muddy ditch, stripped of your gear and clothes!
- A Mermaid Beastmaster seeks vengeance upon the fishers and whalers who have captured her sisters with their nets.
- The party finds the Prince’s carriage overturned beside the road. Scuffs and dents indicate the carriage was rammed.
- As the Innkeeper bids you “Sweet Dreams”, she casts a sleeping spell so her friend can feast upon your dreams.
- The iron mines are being overrun by Goblins! The Kobolds are willing to help cut down their numbers for a price.
- A young Seer has taken up quilting as a hobby, sewing her visions as patches into quilts intended for specific clients.
- Strangely, thin ice bubbles have been encasing entire shop stalls. A child could crawl through the single exit.
- Your contact is a young Witch accompanied by a Mephit. The Mephit hisses, “Don’t mind my familiar. She tends to stare.”
- An Elven Treesinger guards ancient jungle ruins with his Crawling Vines, ensuring those who enter never return.
- The locals are wary of the party. They have heard rumors of sticky fingers and blind murder!
- A Cleric discovers townsfolk infected with brain parasites. The most telling symptoms are Amnesia and Fatigue.
- That snotty kid shrunk down the party, scooped them up, and brought them home to feed to his massive ant farm!
- An army of Kobolds, both Winged and not, was last seen marching toward an Orcish Stronghold.
- You were told there was a community of Wizards here. Yet when you arrive, they had already left in a rush. Save for one.
- A carriage pulled by Spectral Horses waits outside the inn. A note addresses the party: “Get in, I’ll explain on the way.”
- The Temple has a strange fascination with Blood Mages. They are looking to recruit a few for unspoken reasons.
- A Sorceress is amassing an army to take the kingdom for herself. She also seeks to steal a party member for herself.
- The Queen has caught wind of her son’s revival. Lesser Nobles are quick to denounce his claim to the crown.