Do you require a call for adventure or a series of unfortunate events? Well really, this list of ideas could fall under both of those things. Your players won’t know what hit ’em!
I’m going to try and make this a regular feature on Mondays. Stay tuned for weekly ideas!
If you wish to receive updates of more #RPHook, #RPArtifact, #RPSetting, #RPTome, or #DnDNPC ideas as they come, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Shenorai. There are other DMs, GMs, and Players alike who also share ideas under such tags. Keep an eye out!
d20 #RPHook Plot Seeds : 321-340
- After years of fading into obscurity, a legend among the criminal underground greets his old boss with ill news; “I’m sorry, sir. Annie’s dead.”
- In order to reap the most profit, a Noble has a plan to cripple & kill his rivals: fashionable arsenic-laced wallpaper.
- The Elders of this village do not die of age. Instead, they are compelled to wander the mines into the Underdark.
- A wandering Bard sings of a Magic Lamp dropped in the swampland, only to be recovered by a Witch Doctor.
- Merfolk Explorers have been reporting their sunken findings to Archeologists on the shore. They require assistance.
- After years at war, the Duke finally returns. Much to his wife’s dismay, he is accompanied by his new bride.
- The party comes across a town where all of the inhabitants have been turned into Crocodiles. Poachers hunt nearby.
- New settlers have disturbed ancient holy grounds. A Necromancer and his undead legion are not happy about this.
- A Drider is desperately trying to find someone who can turn her back to her old self, but the locals drive her away.
- Twin Half-Orcs are on the lam: Locals claim they’re thieving thugs. The twins claim they’re reclaiming stolen artifacts.
- You are lead to the temple entrance where four suits of Animated Armor stand guard. They see the party as a threat.
- An Alchemist has heard rumors of glowing Myconids deep in the caverns. She wants proof of these claims.
- The party encounters a traveling Chef along the road. He offers to cook for everyone if they get him safely to the next town.
- Suddenly, you hear a call to arms followed by an entire tree ripped from the ground and buildings being smashed apart!
- There’s tension at the docks. Three rival ship captains accuse each other of stealing their hard tack and other critical supplies!
- After a vacation, the Baroness returns with no memory of her husband. The Baron wants to find the culprit responsible for this atrocity.
- For the past few nights, the Paladin has been plagued with maddening dreams involving their deity abandoning them.
- An aging Druid has been watching over a clutch of Wyrmlings. She fears the Cult of the Dragon may snatch them from her.
- Fed up with being politically powerless, the Queen’s Consort utilizes underhanded methods to trigger a war.
- Annoyingly for the Headmaster, Portal Drakes have made their way into the Arcane Academy, nesting in the library.