You slip into the library, praying you won’t be caught doing last-minute research for ideas. Lo and behold, for upon the sturdy table someone else had been compiling such ideas into a list, yet had left it behind! Dare you take the list? Finders keepers, after all!
I’m going to try and make this a regular feature on Mondays. Stay tuned for weekly ideas!
If you wish to receive updates of more #RPHook, #RPArtifact, #RPSetting, or #DnDNPC ideas as they come, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Shenorai. There are other DMs, GMs, and Players alike who also share ideas under such tags. Keep an eye out!
d20 #RPHook Plot Seeds : 261-280
- A pair of Mouselings search through the swamps for a kidnapped human girl, forced to dig up gems for her captor.
- Rumor has it there is an entire city that is run and managed by Golemancers and their creations. However, they have no ruler.
- Halflings have trained Giant Bats to accept Scouts as their riders. However, one squad of three has gone missing.
- There’s a scratch at the door. A Mastiff is outside, carrying its heavily injured Gnome master upon its back.
- An ally of the party has been interrogated. The enemy leader now knows of the party’s recent magical acquisition.
- There has been a tear between planes. You have been chosen not to mend this tear, but to find the Wizards who can.
- A Zookeeper wants to liven up the zoo with some Bugbears. He asks the party to round up a few for him!
- The Duke wants the nearby forest cleared out for expanding the city. However, it’s said Briarborn live within it.
- A pilgrimage of Clerics have gone missing near the swamps.
- The Head Detective is a Witch who relies upon her Imp familiar as her partner. The rest of the squad is wary of her.
- Driders are snatching Elven women at night and dragging them through the old mines and taking them to their shrines.
- This tribe forbids entry into their village unless the party wears masks. Outsiders are considered unclean.
- A party member finds a staff and experiences vivid visions of its previous wielder and the demon he tried to seal.
- The village’s children sneak into the woods nightly, going to the home of a sick Muse and nursing her back to health.
- An impregnated Orc is searching for her Bard lover. He is actively avoiding her.
- Your party has been asked to clear out the mines for the capital, but the caves are Dragonkin nesting grounds.
- A saddled Hippocampus is trapped in a lagoon during low tide. Its rider is nowhere to be found.
- The Constable is lobbying for a new law to make the punishment fit the crime. The City Council is torn on the issue.
- A plague is crawling through the subterranean civilizations. The Dwarves and Drow have no choice but to move to the surface.
- Rumor has it the Emperor has summoned Kalavakus to gain the upper hand in the war. As payment, it demands more exotic slaves.