Surely, there must be an easier way to keep these players busy without having them frequent a barkeep or bounty board for things to do. Perhaps, dear Dungeon Master, these seeds may be of help for your campaign. Give them a try, see how your players can cope. Given they survive the ordeal.
I’m going to try and make this a regular feature on Mondays. Stay tuned for weekly ideas!
If you wish to receive updates of more #RPHook, #RPArtifact, #RPSetting, or #DnDNPC ideas as they come, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Shenorai. There are other DMs, GMs, and Players alike who also share ideas under such tags. Keep an eye out!
d20 #RPHook Plot Seeds : 221-240
- Something small has managed to steal everyone’s left shoe. The party is no exception.
- A Necromancer challenges the party to tackle his labyrinth. The multiple Minotaur Skeletons within the maze ‘slipped his mind’.
- Oddly, the innkeeper is nowhere to be found.
- Though sent to the wrong address, you receive a letter bearing dire news: “War is brewing. You have been drafted.”
- You realize far too late that the dark clouds looming over the horizon was a Giant Phantom. Worse yet: there are others.
- This Nobleman is new in town. He insists on impressing the locals by challenging them to fencing duels.
- A Dwarven family gained great fame in the fishing industry. Rivals insist on discrediting them: Merfolk know the truth.
- You hear a groan overhead. Suspended from the tree is an enfeebled Kenku. He is bound to a pair of wooden wings.
- The Lord of the Land assigns you to investigate his town’s inns. He suspects there are traitors hiding within one.
- As the party follows the riverside, a Mermaid finds them every evening, offering oysters with enchanted pearls.
- Someone’s underhanded solution for alcoholism is slipping deadly nightshade in the brewers’ concoctions.
- The High Priest wishes to hold resurrection services, but the Baroness forbids such practices in her city.
- A Weretiger allegedly kidnaps kids to devour! In truth, he cares for wayward children abandoned by their parents.
- These Priestesses insist you are their new leader, but what happened to their last one? They won’t talk about it.
- An Apprentice Mage is under house arrest for disturbingly animalistic behavior. His dog is overly protective of him.
- You discover a wounded Kobold. He stammers about Poachers who seek to make a profit off the stolen wings of his kind.
- A child-like Halfling agrees to be your informant so long as you help rescue her brother from the palace dungeon.
- Merfolk Beastmasters keep sailors out of their territory by sinking their docked ships.
- The ruckus outside is an attempted kidnapping! The Prince’s escorts all lie dead; he’s quickly swarmed by his attackers!
- A lone wanderer claims he is the last of his kingdom. His proof is not a crown, but his runed armlet reacting to his royal blood.