Let’s dive into the next adventure! But wait, do you feel your players are not quite prepared for the next leg of their journey? Well, here are a few scenarios to distract them with. It should keep their minds buzzing until you’re ready to drop the next big thing on them!
I’m going to try and make this a regular feature on Mondays. Stay tuned for weekly ideas!
If you wish to receive updates of more #RPHook, #RPArtifact, #RPSetting, or #DnDNPC ideas as they come, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Shenorai. There are other DMs, GMs, and Players alike who also share ideas under such tags. Keep an eye out!
d20 #RPHook Plot Seeds : 201-220
- Three blind Mouselings are trying to make their way to the clock tower.
- There have been sightings of an unclaimed horse wandering the desert, but it’s likely a mirage.
- The party comes across an overturned carriage with no animal in sight. A pained groan is heard from within.
- You find a flyer promising a large gold reward for recapturing the Duchess’s Tengu slaves.
- A child approaches the Cleric. He claims a hooded man insisted that the party will take him to the Temple of Pelor.
- You find an exhausted Strix. She cowers upon seeing you and shies away to protect the Human child accompanying her.
- The locals are wary of an adventuring group calling themselves “Centaurian Sentinels”. They’re all half beast creatures!
- You come across a cluster of Fairies in disarray. Some rotten kids tore apart their Fairy Ring! Now they can’t go home!
- Gossiping Merfolk reveal the cove where a Sea Hag has been hiding out. They find her presence highly suspicious.
- A group of miscreants have come across a group of injured Goblins hiding in the sewers, but who would believe them?
- What you thought was a lead turned out to be a distraction to lure the party away from the target’s true goal!
- A Ratman Wizard polymorphs the party into rats! The rest of the warren glare disapprovingly at your presence.
- You are warned to stay away from the Wizard’s tower. Not because he’s dangerous (though he can be): He’s weird.
- The King’s Ambassador is slain. The emblem of a neighboring kingdom was planted on the body far too obviously.
- A Shaman has recurring visions of the party challenging an entire herd of Minotaur. He strongly advises against it.
- You discover your Rival about to raid a dog-fighting ring. You notice he is vastly outnumbered.
- There’s a bounty on the head of a Brawler; he’s been systematically taking out gangsters influencing local shops.
- A Locksmith is blamed by Nobility for crafting faulty locks. The Locksmith insists Burglars are getting craftier.
- The Princess was last seen heading for the courtyard alongside a knight in white armor. She’s disappeared since.
- Ever since you uncovered that dark shrine, its Goddess plagues your dreams, insisting you were stolen from her.