If you’re stuck for unique or truly bizarre items to slip into your players’ backpacks, give this list a try! Though I do not list any obvious stats when I can help it, I instead offer descriptions for the item and what it can do. The rest is left up to the DM/GM to make it as weak or powerful as s/he sees fit!
Though it may not appear as often as I would like, I’m going to try and make this a feature on Sundays, bundled up with my d20 Plot Seed lists. Check in weekly: You may find a surprise in store!
If you wish to receive updates of more #RPHook, #RPArtifact, or #DnDNPC ideas as they come, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Shenorai. There are other DMs, GMs, and Players alike who also share ideas under such tags. Keep an eye out!
d20 #RPArtifact Loot : 101-120
- You found a sack of Pixie Dust! Oh wait, no. It’s just glitter. Glitter. Everywhere. Argh!
- Hidden behind a broken brick wall is an aged cask of Amontillado. It is still full and tightly sealed.
- As simple as these Cloth Boots look, they keep desert sand and heat away from your feet. Lava’s a problem, though.
- Take this Runed Quill and try to copy the strange text you see. Behold, the Quill translated the language to Common!
- This quiver holds hollow bolts with fragile tips and corks in the tails. You presume you can fill these before firing.
- Amazing! With this Spyglass, you can peer into the ocean without glare! Might not be watertight, though.
- There’s a knock on the door. Someone ditched a bloody sack, holding rings still worn by their fingers.
- Though metal hair straighteners are usually risky to heat up and use, this pair does not harm shades of red hair.
- Lodged in the trunk of a scorched tree are a pair of Mithril Chakras. The blades are both sharp and hot to touch.
- The sands falling from this five-minute hourglass disturb the air and create a haze revealing invisible creatures.
- Upon donning this cowl, you feel an aversion toward bright lights, yet you can see crystal clear in pitch darkness.
- This delicate glass jar is filled with ashen-colored powder. It creates bright sparks when exposed to air.
- You are gifted an enchanted dagger. Its handle becomes warmer in the presence of ice magic and creatures.
- Washed upon the shore is a fishing net riddled with fibrous barbs. The material is difficult to see when submerged.
- Twice a day, flipping this 6ft Rain Stick creates a localized cloud pouring rain that soothes and heals all.
- Hidden away is an untarnished silver tea set. It turns blue when filled with something tainted by poison.
- Known to Clerics as ‘The Defender’s Mantle’, this white cloak hardens into Mithral when the wearer shields an ally.
- The Cleric’s Deity has trusted the party with a holy artifact. It detects the Deity’s true followers.
- Don’t wear these Bifocals for too long. The phantoms you’ll see feasting upon your allies are their personal demons.
- Woven from a strong yet wispy material, this scarf becomes your wings when faced with a great length to jump or fall.