Sometimes, a minor distraction or a complete change of pace is needed to shake things up in a campaign. To keep things from becoming too predictable for your players, how about borrowing a few sidequest ideas to keep them guessing?
If you wish to receive updates of more #RPHook, #RPArtifact, or #DnDNPC ideas as they come, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Shenorai. There are other DMs, GMs, and Players alike who also share ideas under such tags. Keep an eye out!
d20 #RPHook Plot Seeds : 101-120
- An internationally wanted thief was spotted nearby. She wears a red trench coat and a matching wide-brimmed hat.
- Worryingly, one of the village boys has gone delusional. He keeps babbling about giants and a magic goose.
- An ally of the party has a final request: Bring her ashes to the feywild and give them to her friend, an elder Faun.
- Something is driving the Ratmen out of the sewer. They are terrified!
- A Spiritualist asks the party to accompany her as she attempts to calm the manor’s dead occupants.
- There is a peculiar painting Elephant showcased at the fair. It paints a message for the party: “FLEE NOW”
- A Sorceress is strangely apathetic about her daughter’s disappearance, yet her husband is distraught.
- Children in this town are forbidden from associating with adventurers, lest wild ideas are planted in their heads.
- You are tasked with finding a missing Cleric. You learn he fled due to being infected with Lycanthropy.
- As the party wanders the jungle, they hear a voice among the monkeys above. “Drop yer gear or we’ll rip ya apart.”
- Chamber Pots have been vanishing nightly. The Mayor suspects the nearby Goblin tribe is to blame.
- A Dwarf raises Dire Boars for her mountainhome’s military. A Druid suspects she uses dark magics to raise them.
- You placed a 400g down payment at the Armorer’s. The next day, he flees the town without touching his commission!
- Whenever the full moon rises, the forest feels sinister.
- A Cult has stooped to kidnapping and ‘reconditioning’ their ‘new recruits’ in order to increase their numbers.
- Some pranksters thought it was hilarious to hide Mandrakes in the carrot patch.
- Many rumors surround this manor: A glorious treasure. A cult hideout. The site of a massacre. Dare you enter?
- A Feline Beastmaster escaped from the local asylum. She vows, “You have not seen the last of the Crazy Cat Lady!”
- The party comes across dueling Paladins of opposing religions. They blame one another’s god for the region’s strife.
- Rumor has it the local Aristocratic Society is really a front for a humanoid trafficking operation.