Looking for a compilation of ideas to sprinkle into your campaign? Need a sidequest or two to throw at your players? What I have here is a collection of Hooks and Plot Seeds condensed into a d20 list for your convenience!
If you wish to receive updates of more #RPHook, #RPArtifact, or #DnDNPC ideas as they come, feel free to follow me on Twitter @Shenorai. There are other DMs, GMs, and Players alike who also share ideas under such tags. Keep an eye out!
d20 #RPHook Plot Seeds : 1-20
- The town Hunter is rounding up volunteers to liberate his beloved, who is held captive by a monster in a nearby castle.
- Children and smaller races who wander too close to the Black Market are often snatched and put up for sale.
- A father searches frantically through an infested town, looking for his young daughter.
- Perhaps this garden maze was better left alone. The plants are aggressive, blocking off the paths and closing in!
- Drow Clerics have been spotted escorting wagons of slaves down to their underground city.
- Sleepwalking townsfolk wander to the church at night, surrounding the building as though guarding it until dawn.
- Hearing of your journey across the dunes, Desert Nomads warn you to stay away from any and all craters you find.
- It’s said that Jack-o-Lanterns are meant to guide spirits on their way to The Other Side. What if it wants to stay?
- A Bard sings of the Merfolk’s lost treasure: the very lyre he plays, putting songs of Sirens to shame.
- The key to opening a tomb lies in a music box’s song. One must find and assemble all of its pieces to gain entry.
- Be wary of wandering near the gorge: Cannibals have been spotted and like to kidnap travelers.
- A Shopkeeper claims a party member conned him, making him buy an overpriced piece of junk. He wants his money back.
- The Viceroy is uncertain if foreign trade caravans are being attacked or if they are simply not being sent at all.
- An exploration party of Gnomes set out in uncharted territory, seeking new trade partners.
- Items are disappearing from some homes only to reappear in others. This has caused tension between the townsfolk.
- Arson has become alarming common in this town. The Pyromancer claims innocence, though many point the finger at him.
- Out of protest for poor treatment at work, an aristocrat’s head housekeeper has stolen her mistress’s beloved pet!
- A Gravekeeper is at his wit’s end trying to rid the graveyard of Tombstone Fairies.
- The party is invited to the Duchess’s estate. A party member notices that her staff are strangely meek and pale.
- The Cleric’s Deity has trusted the party with a holy artifact. It detects the Deity’s true followers.